Thursday, February 05, 2009

Theo Wirth

Theo Wirth was the shit tonight. JJ and I rode down there from my house, met up with the GOAT and a few others and pounded out 3 laps. It was about the best I've seen it in the winter. Didn't have studded tires, but they would have been kinda nice - a little icy in spots. I was riding in front of a guy, I think Verlon was his name, who timed a lap. He finished in about 16 flat. I'm guessing mine was about 15 or a little under and I wasn't pushing it too hard until the very end. I'm guessing a 13 something lap could have been done tonight. In the summer I can do 'em in the low 12s.


I'm hoping Laura and the pup come out to a bunch of races this summer. She recently purchased a new camera and has been taking some great pix. She promised that she's going to come shoot at a bunch of races this year. Hopefully her and Dana, who is going to be shooting our wedding this summer, can hook up and shoot together. Dana knows how to get it done behind the lens.


You can't have a blog post w/o a photo, so her you go:
Laura & I out in Yellowstone in the summer of 2006, 2 days before getting my ass kicked at the Deer Valley Norba National, semi-pro race (this is a bike blog afterall, so I had to make is somewhat bike related, right?)

1 comment:

Laura said...

yay! my photo finally makes it onto the bike blog!! random choice though... I would've thought you would pick one with the pup in it!