Sunday, February 08, 2009

early spring?

45ish miles today out on the single in about 3.5 hrs. The 32X18 (29er) had me spinnin' in the 100-120 range much of the time. Could've used a 14 or 15T. Between Guse, JJ, Hinkens & I there were 7 pretty nasty crashes. Tons of boiler plate ice on the MRT trail that sent us sliding into the snowbanks or crashing and sliding for tens of feet. I slid into Jack at one point sending him flying into a pile of snow head first. Would've felt bad if he was hurt since he's heading to the state high school XC ski race this week. The dude is one of the top skiers in his section and it's just his first year of racing. People had better watch out for the kid this summer at the mountain bike races. I'm pretty sure he's going to be puttin' the hammer down.























Yea, I jumped on the bandwagon and got one of these:

1 comment:

Andy said...

Dude, your bike? Thats nice! We have to race to see what 29er is faster.lol